Saturday, November 04, 2006

November 3, 2006

This morning I finished packing up my bags, and found out that everything that I need to take home does indeed fit into my two suitcases and my backpack. I am going to have to leave several things behind, but those are things I had planned to leave behind/throw out: my blanket, my pillows, an extra towel, some school supplies, and, well, that's pretty much it. The rest all fits in my bags and is all stuff I want to take home. :) When I got everything all packed in, I looked around my room and thought about how weird it was that I could fit a whole semester of my life into two suitcases. Back home I take two car-fulls of stuff to my dorm... but I guess I don't really pack it as neatly when I do that, and also I have a civic, so you can't really fit too much in there anyway. :-P But yeah, I've realized that when you do a lot of traveling, you start to realize what you need, and what you really don't need. In a college dorm, two suitcases is all you really need. And when you're just traveling somewhere for a week or two (like New Zealand), one suitcase is plenty.

I jogged around the lake again this evening. No rain this time, but it was mostly cloudy still. It really smells good after a rain... the increased humidity in the air and the smell of moist vegetation and soil is something I had forgotten about. It makes the landscape seem a lot less bland when you can smell it too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ben, I'm so glad that I found out about your blog before you left Aussie land. Lookin good. So glad you got some time with Diane Cooke. She is a great gal, eh? So sorry about your dad. Get in touch when you get home. Hope to see you and your mom for Thanksgiving ... Rachel too?? Love you and thinking about you. Aunt C

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home