Monday, October 30, 2006

October 23, 2006

This week is going to prove to be insanely busy. Today I spent 6 hours nonstop working on two different group projects that are due this week. My one group lost a member (he vaporized without a trace), so that group only has me and one girl, which is nice – I don’t particularly care for group projects, but when there’s only two people it’s easy to make sure that both people put in a fair effort! My other group has five of us. Today Ruby and I worked on some statistical analyses and the PowerPoint presentation for our Data Analysis in Science project, and Rohan, David, Joel, Sarah, and I worked on getting organized and figuring out what needs done for our Conservation Biology and Genetics project.

By the end of the afternoon I was worn out from working all day on projects, and I came back to my room before I remembered that there was a “farewell dinner” for us exchange students this evening. I headed back up to campus to the café where dinner was being held, and got there just in time for our appetizers (bread and various spreads/dips) came around. The dinner ended up being three-courses and all-you-can-eat buffet-style. On top of that, it was some of the best food I’ve eaten since I’ve been here in Australia! It was a great way to end a long day, and it was nice catching up with a few of the exchange students and to mix with the Aussies that are planning on heading out on exchange next semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home