Saturday, September 30, 2006

September 13 - spring break trip

My room at Asylum wasn’t as nice this time. Instead of being alone in a room like I was last time, I was in a three-bed room, and at least one of my roommates smelled kinda bad (a smelly feet kind of smell). I met one roommate (a guy from Scotland) before I went to bed. I didn’t sleep very well because, as I found out, this room was right above the kitchen/outdoor dining room area where everyone hangs out, gets drunk, and makes noise at night. Also, after the noise had quieted down later in the night, I woke up because my second roommate had returned and was snoring loudly.

Before my flight left this afternoon I went back to the Cairns Central mall to kill some time and got my disposable underwater camera developed. Some of the pictures from scuba diving and snorkeling actually turned out pretty good. I’ll have to find a scanner sometime so I can get them up onto the computer.

My flight to Sydney this afternoon was a little less than two hours. I found out that there’s a Sydney bus stop at the domestic terminal of the Sydney airport, so I got on a bus for $4.50, switched buses at a bus station, and got off at Bondi Beach. I checked into Bondi Backpackers hostel and made myself some supper (gotta love canned soup!). Bondi Backpackers turned out to be another nice, clean hostel. The only guy that I met in my room before I went to bed was a middle-aged man who was sleeping on his bed when I arrived, and who would alternate between seeming to sleep and trying to make conversation by saying in a half-asleep voice “so where are you from” and stuff like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home